Please review this policy periodically to check for changes. The latest version of the policy governs the way we store and use the information held by us.
We are committed to respecting the privacy of our Users and Vendors. The following policy outlines how personal information received by us will be dealt with.
Although not required by law to do so, we seek to adopt the Privacy Act 1988 in dealing with our Users and Vendors. We do this to better ensure that our Users and Vendors will have confidence that Pop’d is committed to excellence and security.
Information Protection Principles
- Pop’d must not do anything, or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. In particular Pop’d declares that it will:
- Not collect personal information unless:
- the information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of Pop’d, and
- the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose;
- Not collect personal information by any unlawful means;
- Collect the information directly from the individual unless the information relates to a minor and in such case from their guardian or parent as the case may be;
- Make the individual to whom the information relates aware of:
- the fact that the information is being collected; and
- the purposes for which the information is being collected; and
- the intended recipients of the information, namely the Vendor; and
- whether the supply of the information by the individual is required by law or is voluntary, and any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided; and
- the existence of any right of access to, and correction of, the information; and
- the name of the company that is collecting the information and the company that is to hold the information, and how to contact them.
- Pop’d will use its best endeavours that any information is disposed of securely, that the information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, etc.
- Pop’d will use its best endeavours to ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of the information.
- Pop’d will make appropriate amendments (whether by way of corrections, deletions or additions) to ensure that the personal information is accurate, and relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading.
- Pop’d will not use the information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected.
Information Pop’d collect
- We collect two types of information about you:-
- Information supplied directly from you to us via our User or Vendor Profiles, and
- Information collected concerning your use of our Website.
- We record network (Intellectual Property) information relating to how you access our service, including Intellectual Property addresses, dates and times, and pages visited.
Use of Information
- We generally use the information collected about you to:
- provide you with products and services you have requested from Pop’d;
- promote products and/or services which may be relevant to you;
- enable us to enhance, expand and personalise the services provided by Pop’d;
- communicate with you;
- provide you, from time to time, with email and newsletters related to Pop’d;
- provide you with ongoing information and opportunities from Pop’d we believe you may be interested in;
- investigate complaints and grievances; and
- investigate your User Profile or Vendor Profile if we believe you are or have been using our Website in breach of the terms and conditions or if we have reason to believe you are or have been conducting illegal activity.
Disclosure of Information
- You agree that any information that you provide to us is non confidential unless specifically advised to the contrary. You agree that we may disclose any such information to any third party for any purpose.
- Pop’d may provide information to third parties:-
- engaged by Pop’d to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, research, mailouts and advertising;
- authorised by you to receive information held by us; and
- as authorised or required under any law.
- Pop’d may share usage information about visitors to, and users of our Website to our advertising and analytics partners for the purpose of targeting advertising and collecting usage statistics. You agree that we will be entitled to track, and make a record of, your activity on our Website.
- You agree that we may share information about you with other Users and Vendors of our Website, provided that information has been made available in a public part of our Website, including public details of your User or Vendor profile.
- If you have any queries regarding the way we collect, store, manage or disclose information, please contact our Privacy Officer via email email@example.com